Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Overheard

I know many of you have already heard of, or been to, this site, but I love it: http://www.overheardinnewyork.com.


There's also Overheard sites for the Cubicle, Pittsburgh, Athens and the list goes on and on.

Some of these quotes literally make me laugh out loud. My coworkers must think I'm crazy.
One of my favorite ones is from New York . It's not necessarily the funniest one ever, I love it because the reponse of the New Yorker sounds just like something Corey would say. It's perfectly sarcastic.


Satan Island, Starring Vincent Price?

Tourist: I want to go home. New York is so unchristian. Look at this, they even have a place called "Satan Island"!

New Yorker: Oh yeah, we New Yorkers are the worst. We even sold our souls to the devil so we could all read.

-Mo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, there's an overheard for KC!
http://www.overheardinkc.com/

Anonymous said...

Corey R, You should be nice and give Affordable Portables back its 4-5 stars. It's a local shop that tries it's best to please everyone. Think of everyone who reads your comments. I purchased an awesome couch and loved the people that worked there! Have you ever had a bad day at work where you snapped at someone? I've got to believe there are two sides to your story. I think you should go back to yelp right now and change your review and restore your good celestial Karma.