Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The most exciting post ever!

Today is not a shoe day. Ever have those days? I don't feel like wearing shoes, so you know what, I'm not going to. I'm just walking around the office in socks hoping nobody notices.

Clearly you can tell this is going to be an exciting post...

Not much new going on. We bought a futon over the weekend for the spare bedroom, so now there's no excuse not to visit. We've got plenty of room and a really cool guest room since we painted it, too.
I biked to and from Second City on Sunday. That's 6.5 miles each way. The worst part going there was riding against the wind. Coming back it was the ridiculous heat. My back felt fine through the whole thing, but I was exhausted afterwards. Since it's not as stressful on my back as running, it's usually a good exercise that I can handle. My hip was killing me the next day though. Man, I sound like a 70 year old woman. Still, I'm really proud that I did it. My ultimate goal is to ride to and from work a couple days a week. That's about 7.5 miles each way. Definitely a reachable goal, but I have to be able to do that at 6:30 in the morning. That's the hard part.

The floors are getting refinished tomorrow. What? We actually know about this ahead of time? There's actual planning involved? I know, shocking. Let's see if they can do it with out screwing up too badly.

Last night we had dinner with DWalsh. He was in town on a layover for a business trip to China . Corey and I, Walsh, his business associate Matt, and his cousins all met at Lou Malnati's for some Chicago-style pizza. You know, you really can tell what kind a person someone is by the people they hang out with. We had a great time. Everyone was friendly, told great stories and we laughed alot. This was a nice change compared to some recent parties we've attended where we again didn't know people there, the difference being that not a soul made any attempt to get to know us. How hard is it to introduce yourself and strike up a conversation? Maybe I've just been spoiled by hanging out with outgoing improvisers. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, until I woke up feeling sick at 2am . I don't know if it was the pizza or dehydration or what, but I spent the rest of the night sleeping on the couch with an empty trash can next to my head just in case. I ended up not throwing up, but I'm pretty tired this morning. I'm sure you wanted to know that.
I'll post more later if I think of anything. This is enough to thrill you all for now!


No comments: