Monday, August 21, 2006

Back to boring Monday

Back to the grind, boo. It especially sucks after having a great weekend. Corey and I rode our bikes almost every evening this past week. I also worked out a couple of times in the workout room at my office. I know this isn't amazing blog-worthy news, but it's the most active I've been able to be in months. Apparently my body likes working out, because my back hurts less... it's not perfect, but less.

FABaret! opened on Friday. The show was GREAT! Granted, only 7 people were in the audience, but those 7 loved it. That would be in part due to the opening act, "The Rainbow Puppy Smiletime Hour" of which Corey is a part. They were really funny and helped get the night started off right. I particularly enjoyed Corey and Paul turning Patrick into the most pitiful, allergy-ridden, pathetic kid ever.
Those of you in Chicago that couldn't make it, should come by this Friday for week 2 of the show. I promise you'll enjoy it.

Corey and I also saw "Little Miss Sunshine." Was the movie perfect? No, but it was hilarious. It's one of the funniest movies I've seen all year. Though there were some definite wacky moments, it also has some very deep and emotional parts, too. As you can imagine, Steve Carell was excellent. Different than you've ever seen him, too. Also, the little girl that plays Olive, Abigail Breslin, played the part very real and besides being adorable, she was really great. Alan Arkin was brilliant, as well. It's truly a great ensemble piece. Go see it, you won't regret it. Unless you're planning on seeing it Friday instead of coming to my show. Then you will regret it... because I'll make you regret it!

-Mo

No comments: