Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Black Cat Proably Crossed My Path Underneath A Ladder...

They say it's bad luck to open an umbrella in the house. Well, it's worse luck to not bring one to work with you at all.

It's only 10:00am and today is already turning into one of those days.
- I woke up with the top of my foot hurting. I don't know if it's from the shoes I was wearing yesterday, if I injured it working out yesterday, slept on it wrong or if it's just another unexplained weird ailment that's attached to my ongoing back issues.
- Then I stepped outside to see that it was dark and slightly drizzley. I didn't have my umbrella with me, but I couldn't remember where I put it and didn't have time to run back in the house and look for it. Besides, it wasn't raining too hard. I just hoped it would wait until I got to work where I have an umbrella for when I come home.
- Though the bottom of my pants were wet and my hair was a bit of a mess, I wasn't too wet as I got into the El station. I was just happy the rain held off for my 3 1/2 block walk. I was heading up the escalator when I heard the train coming, so I start sprinting up the stairs. SPLAT! I fell right up the stairs, in front of the whole morning rush hour. Luckily I made it on the train and most of those behind me didn't, so I didn't have to sit in the same car with them as they judge me while I become more and more embarrassed.
- I was fortunate that I didn't get rained on too badly walking to the train from home, but once I got off the train to walk the 3 blocks to my office, it was a different story. It was POURING! My little Red Eye newspaper wasn't doing a bit of good. By the time I got into work, I was soaked and freezing. Luckily I wasn't wearing a white shirt. (Well, lucky for me - unlucky for my coworkers -- badabing!)
The rest of my day hasn't been as crazy (YET), but the bad vibes from before 8am are still following me. I'm just doing stupid stuff here and there. I called the wrong VP about a presentation that he knew nothing about and looked like an idiot, I'm messing up meeting requests that I'm supposed to send out (well, I should say, my boss is messing it up and blaming me).
It's 10:00am, I'm still soaked, my foot still hurts, my knee now hurts from the fall and I'm leery of every corner I turn, because of the kind of luck I'm having.

-Mo

No comments: