Monday, June 26, 2006

Sketch Show Closes

Sunday afternoon was my last performance of "Don't Quit Your Night Job". It was a sketch show that I was cast in, and I had a great time. It was a cool experience to create a sketch show almost entirely through improvisation, with a group of people that I had just met. It was a very funny show, if I do say so myself, even if it was a little long. The 7 person cast was chosen from an audition, so we had no group dynamic from which to start. Through the reheasal process we became a pretty tight-knit group, and though I enjoyed the show immensely, I'll miss hanging out with the cast the most. I'm pretty sure that I'll see some of them in another project or at the main improv hang-outs of Chicago, or just hanging out socially. I'm glad I had this opportunity to do something a little different, performance-wise, too. I've been doing strictly improv since getting to Chicago, so this was a nice change of pace. We'll see, the show may not be done forever, either. The directors are going to submit it to various venues and festivals, so we may reunite the group together again for a revisit.

- Corey

Pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Corey - that sounds hip. I'm always looking to try something new, when time allows. I find it adds to my improv skills.

You may not remember me - I started at CSZ in KC about 6 months or so before you moved to CO. I'm going to be in town next weekend. Are you playing anywhere Saturday night? I'd love to see Wrong Way in action again. You can contact me directly at joe@comedyxp.tv.

Joe "Wacky" VH, aka "Juggs"

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

LOL, that Van Haecke. You've tried soaking him, you've tried scrubbing him, but you just can't get him out.