Friday, February 01, 2008

Hectic and Cold

As many of you know, it's freezing here. We got a huge snowfall that started last night and has continued into today. Depending upon where you are in the city, there's anywhere from 6 to 10 inches of snow on the groun. Also, the gas tank fiasco almost happened a second time this week. After the first experience of not being able to open the door, I paid close attention and figured out how to do it myself this time when I filled up on gas. At least I thought. Apparently there's a cable in the door that latches and unlatches. And apparently I broke that. Now the door is constantly ajar. At least I can put gas in the car.


We'll just get that fixed when we buy new tires this weekend. Yep, perfect timing, balding tires in this snow storm. I'm sure it's why I slid right through an intersection at a red light in yesterday's snowy downfall. Scary!


It's been another hectic week around here. We haven't had much of a chance to work on our show. Our first rehearsal was supposed to be yesterday, but because of the weather we rescheduled it. I've also been writing for Big News. Anyone can submit their sketches and two-liner jokes for the weekly news show. My goal is to submit at least something every each week. This past Monday, one of my sketches made it in!


Then on Wedesday, I got to play professor at Columbia College. My friend (and owner of CCC) was sick and asked me to take over her improv classes. It was a lot of fun. The main lesson I learned was that college students are sick little bastards. Next time I'll stress to the class to try being smarter than just dirty jokes. Otherwise, I really enjoyed teaching. I hope to have the opportunity again in the future.


- Mo

1 comment:

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Congrats on the sketch and on teaching. It can be quite rewarding, huh?