Monday, February 11, 2008

The going ons...

I am going to be really sore tomorrow. Not just from the good workout I did, but also from the fact that I bit it hard walking home from the gym. Our sidewalks are like an ice rink. They are solid ice and though I was careful, I fell right on my side.

Hotel Rwanda is a great movie. I've been meaning to sit down and watch it and finally had the chance tonight. It's very touching and sad. It's also very hard to work on comedy writing directly after watching it.

The past week was surprisingly busy. More shows, including a last minute booking with improv playhouse. We did a fun improv set for a bunch of boyscouts. They were so adorable, especially when a teeny tiny little guy lead and commanded the attention of all for the pledge of alligence and scout oath. Too cute.

Tomorrow we're doing two big shows for a highschool out in the suburbs. Ahh, to make money performing! It'll be a good opportunity to introduce the high school leagues that I'm putting together and running for Chicago Comedy Company.

Also last week I did the hair and makeup for the on-air talent of the Latin NBC channel for a photoshoot. It was an interesting experience to say the least. The first group on Friday were comprised of the head anchors, the 'bigger' talent (and boy did they know it). It was quite the character study.
The second group on Saturday was the weekend crew. They were super nice. It was a great resume builder and hopefully will lead to further work.

Male readers will be happy to hear that the photographer from that shoot talked about using me for makeup on a shoot with these twin 'girls.' He shot them a while back and their pictures made it in the Playboy college edition. They need new pictures for Valentines Day and I might get to do the styling. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: