Sunday, October 30, 2005

Too Soon?

Last night Corey and I went to a couple of Halloween parties. We personally didn't end up dressing up, though I did wear orange in the spirit of the holiday. Unfortunatly the night didn't end up being a blast as we had hoped. I was in a weird mood, partially because of there was a chick at the first party that, to put it mildly, I really don't enjoy being around. At least at that party we had fun people watching. The second one was a huge loft party. There was a $10 cover for all the drinks you can handle and there were at least 300 people there. I'd probably safe to say the 90% of the partiers there were improvisor. The problem is that when it's that big of a party,it's hard to actually party. We spent a majority of the night just looking for cups and the kegs and the other part trying to squeeze through the crowd and not lose each other. It was just too hard to really talk to people. Maybe it makes me a geek for not enjoying it, but it was just too much. After an hour and a half or so, we went home, with our 2 beers cost us $5 each.

Best costume of the night? Well, I don't know if it's the best, but the one that stood out to me the most were two people (at the first party) who wore grey long underwear with black lines all the way down them. One person had a plane that had "crashed" into her and the other a plane on a wire headed towards him. They were the Twin Towers.... ooohh, yeah...I don't know. Too soon? I can't tell. On one hand, it was creative and a little awesome. On the other, it was wrong and a little offensive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too soon? I don't know, but i'm going as Hurricane Katrina.