Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sightings

The latest uproar here in Chicago is over the parking meters. For our friends back in KC, a little background: The city sold them to a private company who has since adjusted the rates. This means now we're paying out the ass to park. In some places one quarter, which used to buy 30 or 60 minutes now only gets you at best 15, and in some places just 7 minutes. Are you kidding me? I haven't had to keep this many quarters around since we went to the laundromat. For the record, I did not vandalize this meter. However, I echo their sentiment:

Next, I'd thought we gotten past discrimination with this whole Obama election, and yet Walgreens separates our toiletries. I don't even know what makes a toiletry Hispanic. Do they work extra well or not hard enough? Is the deodorant spicy? Is the soap refried? Can I get my toothpaste in green or red? I could do this all day...


- Monique


1 comment:

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Why do you frequent such racist places?