Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ugghhh

Ugghhh, my face hurts. As part of getting ready to leave my job, I've been squeezing in as many Doctor's appointments in while I still have insurance. I've been poked and prodded more than Paris Hilton in the slammer (za zing!).

Anyways, this week it's all about the dentist. I hate going to the dentist as is. I get really tense and my jaw hurts for days after. In my head I know there's nothing to freak out about, that it'll be over quick and that I'll be ok, but I get really nervous. Still, I manned up and made the appointment. Besides a basic cleaning, I knew I had to get two fillings that I have been putting off for months. I set up two appointments. During the check up I found out that I still had a wisdom tooth that needed out as well as another filling. Yesterday was supposed to be just to take care of the cavities. I asked to be gassed up. Once I was "relaxed" they went to work. Towards the end I overheard through my blaring headsets that he had time and might as well pull the wisdom tooth. I wasn't expecting to have oral surgery yesterday, but I did. And that included a stitch. Overall I'm pretty much feeling fine. I went to bed early last night, after popping numerous Ibuprofen. I'm pretty lucky considering what some go through with their wisdom teeth. I'm actually a little more achy today, but it's not too big of a deal. Mostly I'm just skigged out by the string in my mouth from the stitch . Yuck. One more appointment on Monday, and then it'll be back to ignoring my dental health for a few more months.


(Sorry Colin, I had to post it. This picture deserves to be on the cover page!)




- Mo


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could be worse, Moniqway...

Senior in HS Colin sans wisdom teeth

Tracy Crowe Jones said...

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the dentist. I'd rather see my girly doctor every day for a month than have to go to the dentist once a year. Even a cleaning freaks me out. So, I can totally relate. My jaw aches for you just thinking about it.

Colin M. said...

Haha. I used to have that on my homepage back in the day when I actually updated it. So all's fair on the world wide internet!

Randman said...

In my head I know there's nothing to freak out about, that it'll be over quick and that I'll be ok, but I get really nervous.

That's what my wife says every Thursday!

Just be careful, and don't suck out the clot. When my wisdom teeth were out, I sucked on a straw, and disloged one of the clots. So, I had a dry socket. Not fun at all!

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

I know this good dentist (thanks to Randy). Come back and you can see him.

Emily Claire said...

Colin is the cutest squash ever.