Thursday, May 10, 2007

And that's a wrap (for now)

So everything went great on the H.H. Holmes film. I'm exhausted now after two really long days. (I also realize even more how much I hate working at a desk.) The producers really liked me and said they'd try to keep me busy in the future. Having never done 1800's hair styles, I was really proud of the work I did. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

Tuesday I did styling for a pretty big cast and then did the typical production work of sitting and waiting to do another style or powder another nose. It's weird how exhausting that can be.

Wednesday I didn't stop at all. The cast was about twice the size, 16-20 plus people and if I wasn't doing hair, I was in a scene. Who knows how much you'll actually see me in the final production, but there's a decent chance you'll see me a couple times. One scene was in the actual brothel, another where I was flirting and practically making out with a "gentleman" on the street in the background of another scene. In the third, I was just a regular, upper class woman just walking around shopping in Chicago.

Though it won't be done until August, you can already tell it's going to be really cool. Everything was done as authentic to the time period as possible. It was a lot of fun, I ate too many cookies, made great connections, some good tips on how to get work with other production companies and get to do it all again in June!

Thanks for all the good words and support!

Mo

6 comments:

Molly said...

you are awesome. i'm happy you're getting to do people's hair all day long. :)

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Now that you're a big star, you won't have time or desire to cut the hair of us regular folk. It's a sad day, a sad day indeed.

Randman said...

If you could do something with the disaster I call hair, I'd be tempted to fly you to Orlando!

Anonymous said...

Umm, Randy. That was very gay of you.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

right right right

Anonymous said...

yeah yeah yeah yeah