Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wasted time

Two weeks to go till we move into the new place. Much of our efforts have been concentrated on looking for creative ways to utilize the little storage we'll have in the new place. This is the perfect job for Ikea. That's if we can find it. Effing Yahoo Maps doesn't know what it's talking about. Last night we wasted the whole evening looking for the damn place. We were coming from a different direction than normal and according to our directions we just needed to follow a single road all the way to Ikea. Seemed simple. That was until the road that was supposed to lead us directly to the store just stopped. We drove, drove, drove and then no more. Then when I tried calling the store to ask for directions, I waited on hold for 15 minutes and when I finally talked to someone, they said they didn't have directions from where I was. Last night was just a huge waste of time. I wouldn't mind so much, but with Corey gone so much with his rehearsals lately, we have to take advantage of any extra time he's off. This was one of the only chances we'd have this week to get the organization stuff we needed.

Oh well. Besides this little glitch, things are going well so far. The big "Ravenswood Manor" garage sale is on Sunday. Those of you in Chicago should come over and buy some of my crap from me. I never realized until this move that I'm quite the pack rat. I had no clue. I've changed my ways though. Every week, I throw out or give away bags and bags of junk that others may need, but after keeping it around for 2 years and never using whatever the item is, I've finally realized it's time to let go.

Yeah, last night was wasted in some ways, but at least we got some much needed business out of the way. On our endless search for the Swedish wonder that is Ikea, we debated over a very important topic. "Which is the more disgusting phrase? Among a few of the options... 'Gas coming out of my butthole,' 'Gas coming out of my sphincter,' 'Gas coming out of my ass?' " I voted on the first. Seriously, Corey is really lucky to be married to such a sophisticated, classy woman and I have never met a more gentlemanly man than him. Keep your jealously aside people. I know it's hard, but try to resist.

-Mo

4 comments:

Randman said...

When I went to Moscow last June, we were driving from the airport, and what did I see? A giant IKEA. Come to find out, a lot of the furniture in Russia is IKEA now. Our hotel in Astrakhan was definite Ikea stuff. Even the courtroom where Charlie's adoption was finalized was Ikea furniture.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

Time for an update?

Anonymous said...

I'm working on it. It's been a rough week - plus we're busy packing.

Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

How has the move gone so far?