Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Not much exciting (which is exciting)

Not much new to report. So far everything is still going smoothly with the condo. We should be officially locked in by Thursday. In the meantime, we've kicked into major savings mode. You don't realize how much money you waste with going out, ordering in and just not paying attention to your checkbook. Not that we were throwing our millions of dollars around or anything, but by being a little more careful, we're able to save a lot. For example, I've learned that I love Aldi's. There I said it. We spent almost 1/2 of what we'd normally spend at the normal grocery store on food that was just as good. Plus, we stopped by a little local Mexican grocery store in our neighborhood and bought green peppers, carrots, apples, pears and deli cheese and only spent $8. $8!!! Awesomeness! Plus, since it's relatively close to our apartment and the weather's been nice, we've been walking there for added exercise.
It's been nice that for the first time in 2 years, I'm not crazy busy. I'm still dealing with back pain, which leads to hand and arm pain as well as my hip and leg. I'm in physical therapy again, so that's helping and I'm trying to stay relaxed and get more sleep than normal. It's the first time in my entire life that I've made sleep a priority. I don't always get to bed as early as I should, but at least the effort's there.
The timing of not being as busy has worked out so that we can spend more time working on Billy's Benefit, which is going to be an awesome night. So many people have stepped up to help him out. It really shows what a great person he is. I'm really looking forward to my trip home, not just for the event, but to see my family, friends, the nieces and my sister who is coming in town from NJ. Hope I get to see all you KC folks out there.

-Mo

No comments: