Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

My eyeballs are going to fall out. I have spent all day long formatting and printing excel sheets. Are you kidding me? This sucks. I've said it a million times, but I just wish I could quit my job. Again, the job itself is fine, the people are overall great and the pay is nice, but man it's so boring. I've really been working on building my styling business. I've been contacting brides through "The Knot" (a wedding website). I've got quite a few interested in having me do their hair and makeup. Plus I'm talking to more photographers about working with them as a freelancer. I think I'm still a good year away from switching careers, but it'll be worth it. The biggest help will be my website I'm going to get. I'm still not sure of the details, but it'll be nice to send potential clients to a professional site with my work displayed on it. We'll see, I'm still toying with the idea.

Though work is boring, at least the past weekend was a normal fun weekend. Normally Corey and I rush out of town to do a show. While it's a ton of fun and fullfilling as an improvisor, it's also nice to know what it's like to have a real weekend. Friday night was the 3rd installment of Game Night this time at Owen's. It was a blast. We actually slept in Saturday and enjoyed Joey's Brickhouse for $12 all you can eat brunch. It's not a buffet, it's all you can eat off their menu. Corey was in heaven! That night Rob Grabowski and Andi Woody were in town from KC. We went out to dinner, to a friend's karaoke party and to see my pH show. Sunday was just resting and watching the boring ass Super Bowl (seriously, it was boring). I can't remember the last time I had a normal weekend like that. I'm really excited because this weekend is going to be similar.

I'd write something more interesting, but my brain is too mushy right now. Back to printing!

No comments: